Vision Values and Aims
At Cosby Primary School we are a team where everyone is
"Working together for Excellence."
Our core values are:
Respect, Friendship, Trust, Honesty, Confidence and Determination.
We believe in:
- Promoting values for life in our children, providing a place where every child is valued and learns to value, trust and respect themselves and those around them.
- Providing our children and staff with a caring, friendly learning environment where children are motivated to learn and have the confidence and determination to succeed.
- Leading by example through nurturing trust and honesty.
- Establishing a team built of children, parents, staff, governors and the wider community, where we all work together for excellence.
Cosby Primary School aims to enable each child to:
- Be someone who loves to learn and aspires to fulfil their true potential.
- Be a confident, creative and independent learner with the skills to succeed in the future.
- Be a resourceful, resilient risk-taker who makes the most of every learning opportunity.
- Take pride in themselves and their achievements and show respect for others and the environment.
- Cooperate, collaborate and communicate effectively.
- Be happy, healthy and active members of the school and wider community.
How will we achieve this?
We will achieve the above aims and vision statement through:
- Striving for a high quality of teaching and learning through which children of all abilities can achieve their full potential.
- Providing a happy, secure environment where children are valued equally and value one another and where they can develop their self - esteem and self-discipline.
- Offering a stimulating, broad and balanced curriculum based upon high expectations and standards, particularly in Literacy and Numeracy and which promotes learning through encouragement and praise.
- Encouraging parents to take an active role in supporting their child's learning through regular communication, welcoming volunteers in school and providing opportunities to find out more about the school.
- Developing positive links between home and school, governors, and the wider community in order to support the children's learning.
- Enabling and encouraging the whole staff and governors to work together as a team, sharing expertise and valuing one another's strengths.
- Continuing the rigorous process of self-monitoring and evaluation, identifying where improvement need to be made and drawing up appropriate plans to bring them about.